Free Legal Services
- We are a Community Law Centre based in Otara with Outreach Services in Counties Manukau, the Franklin District and in Otahuhu.
- We have skilled staff who provide free legal services of the highest quality.
- We believe you deserve nothing less.
- We can help you navigate the legal system ensuring we explain legal matters in a way that works for you.
- We work hard to achieve the best possible results for you.
- To access our services you must live in Counties Manukau, the Franklin District or Otahuhu and you must also meet our income eligibility criteria.
- We also run Community Mediation and deliver Legal Education sessions to schools, marae, community groups and government agencies.
- We do not provide legal services for Wills, Trusts, Estate matters, Property Relationship Matters or commercial matters.
OUR FREE LEGAL SERVICES
We provide FREE legal advice, assistance, information and, in exceptional circumstance, representation in the following areas of law:
- Family Law
- Minor Police Charges
- Consumer Issues
- Immigration Matters
- WINZ Matters
- Housing New Zealand
- Tenancy (tenants only)
- Civil Disputes
- Employment Matters (employees only)
Please note, we only provide advice by phone, in exceptional circumstances
legal services ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for our services you must:
- Reside in South Auckland (Except Mangere), Franklin and Otahuhu;
- Not qualify for legal aid; and
- Have an annual income below the following:
$33,800 (single person)
$38,000 (1 dependent – spouse/partner or 1 child)
$50,934 (2 dependents – spouse/partner or children)
$57,880 (3 dependents – spouse/partner or children)
$64,678 (4 dependents – spouse/partner or children)
$72,302 (5 dependents – spouse/partner or children);
- You must provide photo I.D (passport or drivers license);
- You must provide proof of address
- You must provide proof of income.
Although your situation may seem like you are the only person who has ever gone through it, you can rest assured you are not alone.
Some of the most commonly asked legal questions are answered here.
CLSST Resources – Free Legal Services Covered
There are many different areas of the law that affect our lives every day. Knowing where to get advice and information can be confusing so we have put together a useful guide in the various languages that CLSST are fluent in. If you wish to arrange a free legal consultation please get in touch to start the process.